Oh, man, it’s been a while. I’ve missed you guys! It’s been a pretty busy couple of weeks here at Bella Cleaning, but I’ve finally found a few minutes to grace your presence with a blog post. As I sit here with a runny nose, sore throat, and throbbing headache, I can’t help but curse these damn allergies. It’s official. Spring is here.
So, I figured what better topic to discuss then spring cleaning?! It’s that time of year when people become engulfed in the busy bustle of, well, life! Our days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer, and we’re all slowly climbing out of the insides of our homes to enjoy the gorgeousness that Mother Nature has bestowed upon us. But, unfortunately, we do need to reserve a bit of time for that dreaded spring cleaning.
Surface cleanings are obviously needed frequently *cough hire us to do that cough*, but a deep, thorough cleaning should be conducted at least once a year. There’s things we tend to ignore when it comes to regular cleanings and, if ignored for too long, can be really problematic for our homes, offices and stores.
And so, without further ado, I present to you a little list of things you should remember to do when you’re doing your spring cleaning!
- Baseboards and moldings: Dusting your moldings should be done frequently, but you should definitely consider using a magic eraser to wipe them down and restore them to their shiny glory. This also includes window moldings!
- Interior and exterior windows: Speaking of window moldings, you should also use a glass cleaner to clean the inside and outside of your windows. Most windows allow you to fold them downward so that you can clean the outside glass from inside your home. If not, I would suggest simply using a power washer to get the outsides of the windows (if a ladder isn’t feasible).
- Appliance, cabinet and drawer interiors: The dreaded crumb. We hate them. They somehow manage to get EVERYWHERE. That’s why you should definitely empty out your kitchen drawers and cabinets, vacuum them out and wipe them down. You can also throw out the things you no longer use (especially in that stinkin’ junk drawer!) when it’s time to put everything back. This also goes for your bathroom cabinets and drawers too! Empty out your fridge and clean all of the shelves and drawers. Don’t forget to also clean your oven! It’s always good to run the self-cleaner the night before, and if your oven doesn’t have a self-clean option, simply spray it with a strong cleaner and let it sit overnight before you clean it.
- Closets: Clean out your closets, literally! Throw out the clothes you haven’t worn. Get rid of the those clunky, clear-healed shoes from 2003, and if there’s ANYTHING that still has tags on it, you probably have no interest in wearing it, so sell it. Toss away mismatched socks, frayed towels and washcloths, old bags and purses, outdated jewelry, expired body and hair products, and anything you don’t really use anymore. If this seems like a daunting task, call Bella Cleaning and we’ll help you! Check out our latest Instagram post; we show you the very cluttered walk-in closet that we completely cleaned out!
- Outside: It’s gardening season, but what’s the point of having a beautiful garden if your front and/or backyard is cluttered with junk? Throw out old outdoor toys, rusty patio furniture, and any garbage that may not have made its way to the trash can. Power wash the sidings on your house, any concrete walkways, your fence, the shed, and the patio deck. Having a great curb appeal is also a great future investment, should you ever decide to sell your home!
I could seriously go on and on with this list, but I’d be here for hours and you’d potentially go blind from reading so much. It seems like so much work, I know, but if you set an entire day aside to get it all done, it can get done! And if it does seem too overwhelming, or if you’d rather spend your free days at the park with the kids, give us a call instead, and we’ll tackle the spring cleaning for you!
P.S. Check out my last post, which ties in so well with this one, on how to start enjoying a clutter-free life.
P.P.S. We’re hiring! Check out our Careers page to apply today!
Until next time, I bid you farewell!